I’ve been receiving a lot of questions regarding the best free and paid social media monitoring tools so I started to do a little research on the subject. I can’t speak to many of the paid tools out there, as I’ve only used Scoutlabs, but I’ve compiled the most comprehensive rating resources to help companies find the right one for them.
Paid Tool Reviews
The most up-to-date review of the fee based reputation monitoring management tools seems to be from Dr Dave Chaffey’s blog titled: “Online Brand Reputation or Social Media Listening Software – a Review of 26 Tools.” With the help of Michael Brewer they have compiled a very comprehensive directory of the leading brand monitoring tools. Here are a few other reviews that I found.
- Radian6 is Best for Social Media Monitoring. No it’s Not (VMR)
- Social Media Monitoring Grudge Match: Radian6 vs. Scout Labs (Jason Falls)
- Top 10 Social Media Monitoring Tools and Social Media Monitoring Tools Review (Murray Newlands)
Free Tool Reviews
For those that aren’t ready to lay down some cash yet there are a few options that can be cobbled together to give you an idea of the conversations that are taking place around your brand. These are cheaper but they’re not as comprehensive as what you get from the paid services. Here are some sites that rate these free tools:
- 46 Free Social Media Monitoring Tools (DreamGrow Social Media)
- Social Media Monitoring Tools: 26 Free Online Reputation Tools (Marketing Pilgrim)
- Free Social Media Monitoring Tools (tangobusiness.net)
Feel free to share any more tools (paid or free) that you’ve used and would recommend.