Jeremiah Owyang, one of the leading social strategists, has been working closely with many of the world’s biggest brands to learn about where social media is headed and how companies can scale their business for social media.
He’s conducted research and has come up with some fantastic reports on corporate social strategy. Below, he’s laid out what I believe are essential steps for building social media programs:
- Get into hub and spoke and develop a center of excellence
- Leverage community for first tier marketing and support
- Integrate both in the customer lifecycle as well as your corporate website
- Launch a formalized advocacy program
- Invest in Social Media Management Systems before you lose control
Here are some must-read articles from Owyang and the Altimeter Group for companies looking to build out an enterprise wide social media program: